Upgrade from JIRA 4.3.4 with Greenhopper 5.6.8 to JIRA 6.4.7 with JIRA Agile 6.7

What is the proper steps of upgrading JIRA with JIRA Agile for the version above?  I've looked and have tried different roadways ways, but it's getting a bit confusing.  Is the link below that way to go about it?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/plugins/servlet/remotepageview?pageId=391086929#JIRAAgile6.3UpgradeNotes-UpgradingfromGreenHopper5.7.xorearlier

2 answers

bummer gin, Mike...damn .45g sensitivity keyboard keys make it too damn easy to fat finger something that throws away an attempted response.

The biggest problem you'll have isn't with JIRA Agile but rather JIRA - upgrading JIRA over that many versions will be about a 3 hop process - I think, I haven't had to do this for a client in quite a while and memory gets fickle...

But anyway start with the 4.4 release notes and upgrade guide and walk up to the 6.4 release notes/guide. You'll have to come back with more specifics as to whether this will work, or if this plan bouncing on these two different versions will work, etc....It'll be a little while until I have to read all that again.

Links:

-wc

William,

Thanks for the feedback!  Through a bunch of attempts, I found the combinations of versions to use that seem like it worked.  Starting with JIRA 4.3.4 (GH 5.6.8) > 4.4.5 (GH 5.8.7) > 6.1.7 (GH 6.6.80) > 6.4.7 (GH 6.6.80).

I had issues where the planning board in GH did not show up, but when I did the version in bold, it fixed the problem.  This was a pain as it took almost a week just figure out the versions that worked.

-Mike

Have you done direct upgrade or separate full installs in a differents folder each time ?

We've done a direct upgrade and it seems like it worked, but according to Atlassian, go through the suggested incremental path. I assume that there are significant changes and we're not aware of every changes so we're not taking a chance doing a direct upgrade.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Mar 28, 2018 in Jira Software

Can a company’s culture make or break agile adoption?

Can a new-to-agile team survive and thrive in a non-agile culture? If so, what advice would you give to those trying to be agile in a non-agile culture? What's the key(s) to success? Share your thoug...

11,811 views 13 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you