Upgrade Jira Server from 7.3 to 7.13 - are other platform upgrades suggestions or requirements?

Roy Donnelly January 10, 2019

Hi,

When planning an upgrade to JIRA Server 7.3 to 7.13, I reviewed the levels of related software, such as Tomcat and SQL Server, and noticed those also have had changes in the interim JIRA releases.

My questions are whether the versions listed, such as SQL Server 2012 (or up), are required to ensure full functionality or suggestions for optimal performance?

And if I don't have the liberty of upgrading the other packages, what is the fallout aside from possible substandard performance?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Ramarao Gaggara _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2019

Hi @Roy Donnelly,

By this time you might have already reviewed below documentation(Under 'Supported platform changes' section) that was provided by Atlassian with respect to Jira upgrade from 7.3 to 7.13 version.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/ug/jira-software-upgrade-matrix-933696761.html

In keeping view of it, it is confirmed that Atlassian certified the Jira with mentioned set of software tools only, so to make sure your Jira is fully functional and it works with optimal performance you must follow the instructions given by Atlassian for your upgrade process.

Thanks,

RamaRao

Ramarao Gaggara _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2019

Hi @Roy Donnelly ,

If you feel like my answer helped you, kindly mark my answer as accepted.

Thanks,

RamaRao

Suggest an answer