Updating Trello account

Jim Stewart February 1, 2021

We got this email: "We are requiring all Trello accounts that use an email address from [domain] to become a part of their organization on Trello. It will only take a few minutes and we’ll guide you through it. Oh, and your boards and cards will all stay right where they are."

The boss asked this, "I also want to understand how Trello and JIRA tasks or Stories are integrated as they all are part of Atlassian. Can you please explore what other advantages with Trello and Atlassian on the same platform?

I saw this FAQ https://help.trello.com/article/1186-managed-atlassian-accounts-for-trello

... but is that it? Any other wisdom on this topic?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

Trello and Jira are two different systems for doing two different things.  One is effectively a pin-board, the other an issue tracker (you can use a pin-board as an issue tracker, but it only has a few of the features)

I'm not sure what your boss is thinking of when he says "integrated"

All this change is about is that your email domain is taking ownership of Atlassian accounts with emails that belong to it.  It has no effect on their access to Jira or Trello, but people may want to change to other accounts if they're using Jira, Trello or other Atlassian applications that are not part of that domain and they want to retain control of their accounts for them. 

As an example, I obviously have an Adaptavist-based Atlassian account, which I use for access to our internal Trello, a couple of our Cloud systems, Atlassian partner stuff, and a load of client's Cloud systems. Adaptavist own that account.

Then I have my own personal Atlassian account which is mine and I use for this forum, my own and friends Trellos, a couple of non-Adaptavist cloud systems and so-on.

Jim Stewart February 1, 2021

Yes, I kinda thought it was something like you've said since I started with Trello. Maybe he hasn't used it or maybe the message made it sound like there was more integration than there is. Let me update him. Thanks. 

Jim Stewart February 2, 2021

I ran it by the boss. He's a software guy which helps. He gets it. Thanks. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events