Update the status of a Service Desk ticket when its related issue in Software Project changes

Richard Downs August 17, 2022

I have 2 projects: Service Desk Project and Software Project.

When a Software Project ticket is tagged as "Relating to" a Service Desk ticket, an  automation is fired which transitions the status of the Service Desk ticket from Approved to Triaged.

I am struggling to step up a new automation which is the next step in this process. It follows:

When the status of the Software Project ticket transitions from 'To Do' to 'In Progress' it should trigger an automation that transitions the "Related" Service Desk ticket from 'Triaged' to 'In Progress'.

Screenshot 2022-08-17 at 10.50.10.png

In the above automation it is trying to update the status of the Software Project ticket to 'In Development' rather than the Service Desk ticket.

Screenshot 2022-08-17 at 10.53.22.png

In the screenshot above it shows it is trying to edit the destination status to 'In Development', but this status only exists on the Source.  How can I change the status of the source rather than the destination?

The rule is set to take both Projects into scope:

Screenshot 2022-08-17 at 11.00.55.png

Software Project (LAT) Workflow:
To Do > In Progress > Code Review

Lattice Service Desk (LSD) Workflow:
Logged > Approved > In Development > Complete

I need to automate the status change of a Service Desk (LSD) ticket from Approved to In Development when a Software Project (LAT) ticket is manually transitioned from To Do to In Progress when there is a relationship between the two issues.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

Hello @Richard Downs 

Welcome to the community.

The rule is behaving correctly. All actions will be taken against the issue that triggered the rule unless you specify otherwise, so the Transition Issue action is being attempted against the development issue because it triggered the rule. You need to add a branch for Related Issues. Within that branch you could then apply actions to the Related Issues.

You might want to also add a Condition after the trigger to check that the triggering issue is in the development project, and a Condition in the branch that the Related issue is in the service project.

Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 8.31.31 AM.png

Richard Downs August 19, 2022

Thanks Trudy that worked!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders