Update Teams[Team} in Jira

chris.naylor@coveainsurance.co.uk September 23, 2022

How do I update an existing Team[Team] in Jira admin. 

it is stored as a number but users see a name, I need to update the name for one of the current options. Is this possible and how do you do it. I am struck, 

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2022

Hello chris.naylor@coveainsurance.co.uk 

If the Team was created within a Roadmap, refer to this page for information on how to edit such a team:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/edit-teams-from-your-advanced-roadmaps-plan/

It doesn't explicitly say that you can edit the Team name, and I don't have a Premium subscription so I can't confirm that the name can be changed.

chris.naylor@coveainsurance.co.uk September 28, 2022

It's a field that we have created, I believe it's a custom field but it does not seem simple. Will keep trying thou. Trial and error might be my way forward... :) 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2022

Hello chris.naylor@coveainsurance.co.uk 

The Team field that is created by the Roadmap functionality does appear in the list of custom fields, thus:

Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 10.04.45 AM.png

If you see only one Team field in your Custom fields screen, then it is the Roadmaps field and the link I provided applies.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events