Update SLA via REST API JIRA Service Desk

Phoenix November 23, 2017

Hi,

I writing a small powershell script to create a workaround for our SLA problem (we are already in contact with Atlassian Support to fix the root cause). The problem is, that the workaround explained here https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/missing-sla-data-in-jira-servicedesk-828790603.html, works fine except, that someone manually have to do the following step:

"Navigate to the Service Desk Project Administration and click on the "(warning) Update" icon under the SLAs section."

I was wondering, if someone knows an API way to do this particular step (unfortunately I couldn't find one)

Cheers

3 answers

1 vote
Victor Alvarez November 23, 2017

Try this, It works well for me

/rest/servicedesk/1/servicedesk/sla/admin/task/destructive/reconstruct?force=true

Headers:
* Authorization: User/Password
* Content-Type: application/json

Put in the Body an array of issues, for instance:
["PROJECTKEY-1234"]

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2017

Hi, Phoenix.
If you don't have a Rest client, you can also proceed with that within a cURL command as my example below where I'm reconstructing the SLA of the issue "DEVSPT-1453"

curl -D- -u username:password -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/json" --data '["DEVSPT-1453"]' "http://jira_server/rest/servicedesk/1/servicedesk/sla/admin/task/destructive/reconstruct"

Just ensure to rename the username/password in order to authenticate correctly and also jira_server according to your instance's FQDN. 

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2017

Hello, 

You can open the browser you use for browsing your Jira site and go to developer tools. Then you push the update button and check what rest call was used on the Network tab of your developer tools window.

Anyway it will be internal REST API which can be changed by Atlassian any time. 

For example, in my version of Service Desk it is POST /rest/servicedesk/1/servicedesk/projectkey/sla/consistency. 

Suggest an answer