Unreliable Search results

sgordon October 3, 2022

I am searching a space for 2 different phrases within the same table on a page.
One phrase will show up in the search, the other does not. What could be happening?

3 answers

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2022

@sgordon I created a table of the screenshot you provided and did not have any issue finding the information in the search.  What specific product are you using, just want to make sure I am doing the same thing.

sgordon October 3, 2022

Yea, it is only happening in a few very specific instances. When you ask "what product" what would be my options? I think it is just Confluence for the Cloud. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2022

Was the content in those specific instances pasted into Confluence?  If you delete it and retype it into the table are you able to find it in search?

0 votes
sgordon October 3, 2022

Hi Brant, thank you for jumping in!
So I start with searching within a space using the live search macro (first pic). Then, I copy and paste various phrases from the same table (second pic). The first phrase will show in search results, but the second will not. Its the weirdest thing. 

Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 3.26.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-10-03 at 3.26.40 PM.png

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

@sgordon Welcome to the Atlassian community

Can you share a little more information?  What are the phrases and how are you searching?  Screenshots would be helpful.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events