Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unknown fields set during transition. Field may not be on transition screen. Fields ignored - Edited

I've setup a Jira automation to assign the value of a user picker field to the current value of assignee when a PR is created and the issue is in-progress.

I've been getting this error for some time now.

"Unknown fields set during transition. Field may not be on transition screen. Fields ignored - Developer"

Originally the solution suggested here pointed me to an issue stating that due to the fact that the field was empty, it was not "seen" and therefore was not updated. 

I then updated all issues to a default value however, and I am still getting the same error in my jira automations.

Below is the current result of the "Where is my field" workflow despite the error in my jira automations.

Project and issue type scope

Field 'Developer' is in scope of the project 'XXX Product' and issue type 'Story'

Field configuration

The 'Developer' field is enabled by the 'Default Field Configuration' field configuration associated with this issue.

Field Screen

The field 'Developer' is present on the screen 'XX: Scrum Default Issue Screen' configured for this issue

Field value

Field 'Developer' has value for this issue

I've also double checked all the screens on the "ViewFieldScreens" page in Jira Admin, and the Developer field should be present on all of them. What's the cause of this issue and what can be done to ensure that the field is set on this transition screen ("from in progress to code-complete")?

Thanks!

1 answer

Hi @afenn  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

For a question like this, please consider posting an image of your rule and the audit log.  That can give the community context to offer ideas.  Thanks!

This is the second instance of this symptom I have seen posted today... Interesting...

If you have already checked the permissions, you may also check the workflow to see if there any rules trying to do something unexpected.

If that doesn't help, I suggest asking your site admin to submit a defect to Atlassian to take a look at your instance: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Best regards,

Bill

Thanks Bill! Will do.image (3).pngimage (2).png

The developer field is set to copy the value from the assignee field

Yup, that is what the other person observed: the action worked even though it threw the error in the log.  Definitely try to ping support.

Once you hear back, please post what you learn.  Thanks!

I'm having the same issue - trying to set a due date, but says that it's not on the transition screen.

Been through all the screens and fields and everything is set correctly.

Automation rules - JIRA - Google Chrome 2021-04-22 at 2.59.21 AM.png

@afenn have you managed to find a solution?

@Guillaume De Smedt The issue appears to be with the "transition issue" action. I noticed that I was able to set this field on another automation rule.

Therefore, I think a workaround is to simply add a step after the transition step to update the field as opposed to trying to set it in the transition step.

Like # people like this

Oh, interesting - ok, will give that a try, thank you!

Yip - it worked! Thanks so much @afenn!

Hi @afenn and @Guillaume De Smedt 

Have you tried setting the Due Date using JSON in the transition, under More Options?  For example here is one updating the target issue from the trigger issue:

{
"fields": {
"duedate": "{{triggerIssue.duedate}}"
}
}

Best regards,

Bill

Hi Bill, I was contemplating it, however, meant spending time figuring out the right syntax :) - so took the easy route of simply creating another step.

The positive spin is that it's simpler to follow for other colleagues on my team to follow what's happening (2 actions in 1 step could be missed).

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Staying organized with Jira: best practices for a better project management

Project managers know this problem: A “mountain of work” lays in front of you, and you don’t know how and where to tackle them. Different to-dos lie ahead, but just one task after the other can be ha...

217 views 2 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you