Unable to update license on Jira Server

Vlad April 1, 2019

Hi guys,

I've purchased Jira Server licence but I can't update it on for installation, because I forgot administrator login/password.

------------------------------------

1. I got trial Server servion

2. Trial had been expired

3. March 2019 - I purchased Jira Software (Server) 10 Users: Starter License.

4. As for now I got Jira Starting problem screen (attached). And then, in oder to update my licence I need to provide admin login|pass which I failed to remember. 

Please advise how I can update my licence.

jira_starting_problem.png

3 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vlad April 1, 2019

Thanks guys.

Just to summarise. Indeed I could proceed via hyperlink to "add the License" screen. But then user is supposed to enter admin login|pass + license itself. And as I mentioned I hadn't known admin credentials. 

To boot I was struggling to enter h2db console for a while. Using KB article provided by Petr above I've eventually got into console and found out my admin login. So there is no issue anymore. 

Thanks for your time.

Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2019

No problem and you are welcome, but please be careful with HSQL DB (it's only for testing purposes and very error-prone to file system problems and wrong killed application).

I strongly recommend to you to migrate it to normal DBMS like PostgreSQL via this KB - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-how-to-migrate-from-hsql-database-to-an-external-database-295308246.html

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2019

First insert license based on steps provided by @Alexander Pappert 

Then if you need retrieve admin user you need follow this KB article

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/retrieving-the-jira-administrator-192836.html 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2019

in your screen, there is the message "enter your License here"

can you click this Hyperlink and add the License there?

Suggest an answer