Unable to update SSL Certificate

Raju Gajji May 20, 2021

Hi,

I need some help with updating the SSL Certificate on the JIRA installed server. Current certificate is already expired.

3 answers

0 votes
Raju Gajji May 24, 2021

@Brant Schroeder  I'm able to apply the certificate but I still see the message "This CA Root certificate is not trusted because it is not in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store" .

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2021

Were you able to import the new certificate into the JavaKeystore?    Who issued the certificate, is it self-signed?

Raju Gajji May 25, 2021

@Brant Schroeder We were able to install certificate and atlassian customer service contact helped.

0 votes
Raju Gajji May 24, 2021

@Brant Schroeder  I'm trying this installation on Windows machine. Portecle app is already installed but missing the java run time helpers. so that app is not getting opened in order to create the key store. can you please help with .JKS file creation so that i can import the certificate.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2021

@Raju Gajji - You will need to follow the information here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/running-jira-applications-over-ssl-or-https-938847764.html

This will give you steps to add an SSL certificate which will allow you to better understand how it is set up and replacing the SSL will follow the same process.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2021

@Raju Gajji How is your Windows machine setup?  Are you using IIS as a proxy? If so the SSL certificate install just needs to be updated in IIS.

Raju Gajji May 24, 2021

@Brant Schroeder  I don't see the IIS install on my windows server. I see the the "Atlassian JIRA" is set up as windows service running on the server.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events