Unable to start a sprint

Robert Pepitone August 22, 2012

My "Add Sprint" button is disabled but I have no active sprints. The Work board is saying "You have no active sprints". I have 2 issues is the backlog.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Luzia Mendes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2012

Have you moved your issues in your Backlog above the grey line?

You need to select the available issues of your backlog and drag-and-drop them above the grey line that defines the Sprint. everything above the line will be added to the Sprint, everything under it will be ignored.

Tried that already. I'm unable to move the issues.

Luzia Mendes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2012

Time to contact support then...support.atlassian.com

Good luck!

0 votes
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2012

You need to be a project administrator for all projects shown in the board. Try getting those permissions and you should be able to both add and start a sprint.

Thanks,
Shaun

I got it.

After Enabling Ranking I was able to drag issues and start the sprint.

All the issues on my board are from a single project called "IA".

Also

I'm a member of the jira-administrators group and the jira-administrators group has Administrators role for project IA.

I noticed that I lost the ability to start a sprint immediately after prematurely killing a previous sprint. Could that have something to do with it?

Suggest an answer