Unable to show timeline for ticket under Epic in Roadmap

usman_malik January 24, 2023

Hi Everyone

I have a Query:

I have a ticket under an Epic. The ticket has 30 days of work estimated. In the roadmap I cannot draw the timeline of 30 days for this ticket. This ticket is assigned to a sprint of 10 days. The JIRA roadmap shows only the timeline as 10 days for this ticket since it is assigned to a sprint of 10 days length.

I can only change the timeline of the epic manually. 

Can I show the timeline as 30 days for this ticket under epic in Roadmap??

Untitled.png

2 answers

0 votes
Meghan LaClair January 25, 2023

Hi @usman_malik 

As the previous commenter mentioned this is not an option in Jira Roadmap, however, we have solved for it at minware.

Our roadmap automatically displays all planned work, logged work, and work in progress. It can be broken down by epic, or task assignee, and you can expand each to view the progress of stories or task. We also provide visibility into dependencies and weigh weekends to help make it as reliable as possible. Our service is “plug and play” and this report is available “out of the box.”

Predictive Roadmap.png

We offer a free trial, let me know if you would like to check it out!

Disclaimer: Marketplace Partner

0 votes
Ashish Bijlwan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2023

Hi @usman_malik 

If you are using Roadmap then Roadmap doesn't allow to increase the timeline for the issue beyond the Sprint duration because Roadmap reads the Sprint details from the Scrum board.

Attached is the screenshot of the Roadmap that shows the Sprint name as circled, and it won't allow to increase the timeline of the issue under the Epic.

image.png

However, Advanced Roadmap allows to increase the timeline for the issue beyond the sprint duration.

Thank you,
Ashish

usman_malik January 25, 2023

thanks alot @Ashish Bijlwan 

We are also using Asana as well. Is there any possibility I can import the entire JIRA board with epics, tasks into Asana and then create a Roadmap timeline in Asana. Is this possible?

Ashish Bijlwan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2023

I am afraid that I don't have any insight of Asana. But you can take a look on the document for information https://asana.com/apps/jira-connectors and see if it helps you.

Thank you,
Ashish

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events