Unable to see commits in development panel for Jira

Eric Wittle September 16, 2017

I'm using Jira standalone server (7.4.1) with Bitbucket standalone server. If I'm browsing the project in Bitbucket, I can see issues linked to Jira, click on them, and see the issue details.

In Jira, however, the Development panel does not show any commits; the only link in the development panel is "Create branch". 

I tried the troubleshooting link here here, without success. The last step listed is to test the "Remote Link Aggregation REST API endpoint" to see whether it is returning data. I tried this, as follows:

mail:Atlassian jira$ curl -u eric http://mini.wittle.net:7990/rest/remote-link-aggregation/latest/aggregation?globalId=OLS-105

Enter host password for user 'eric':

{"targets":{"OLS-105":[{"type":{"id":"repository"},"objects":[]},{"type":{"id":"branch"},"objects":[]}]}}

Any help would be appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Eric Wittle September 30, 2017

Found the answer. I'm running BitBucket server on OS X. The server had downloaded a new version of XCode, and I had not accepted the updated license agreement. I discovered this when push from my development client failed. Once I accepted the updated license on the server, the Jira to Bitbucket connection started to work again.

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2017

Hi Eric,

It looks like you're not getting any data:

If no information is associated with that issue key, it could indicate an issue with how the repository is being indexed.

According to the above statement above:

1. I would check to see if you have any indexing errors in your BitBucket logs.
  2. Check that these plugins are enabled in Bitbucket Server. They expose the REST endpoints for JIRA Software to be able to query data:
    •  Dev Status Plugin - Vendor: Atlassian - Add-on key: com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-dev-status-plugin
    •  Stash Dev Summary Plugin - Vendor: Atlassian - Add-on key: com.atlassian.stash.stash-dev-summary-plugin

Cheers,

Branden

Eric Wittle September 24, 2017

I don't see any errors in my Bitbucket logs. I gripped for 'Error', and 'error', and didn't see anything that looked like indexing errors. I did some searches to see how to re-index, and issued the following command:

curl -u eric -X POST -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -H 'Accept: application/json' <host url>/rest/indexing/latest/sync

(and I did use a real value for <host url>). I'm still not seeing any checkin information in Jira, and the CURL command to test the APIs returns the same thing I originally posted.

I don't see either of the two plugins you mention above, the only plugin I see is

• Bitbucket Server - JIRA Development Integration Plugin

When I view the status of this plugin, 15 of the 17 modules are enabled. Two are disabled, and cannot be changed in the UI:

• Bitbucket Server - JIRA Development Integration Server Side Templates

(server-side-templates)

• Automatic Issue Transitions Settings Page Resource

(repositoryAITPage)

Very frustrating.

Suggest an answer