Unable to see Agile Scrum in Tempo Planner Cloud

Paul Timms July 1, 2015

I have added Tempo Planner to our JIRA Cloud. I am trying to follow instructions on how to set it up and use it but I don't see the same options as the documentation. We use Agile Scrum to plan our sprints. All I want to do is see the team's calendar (by person), and a list of issues in the current sprint (and maybe future sprints) down the left hand side, so I can drag the issues into the calendar. I can see the team's calendar by going to Team Planner, but the only panels I have to the left are Versions, Epics, and Iterations. I have linked the Scrum board to my team. In the videos I've watched, the list of Issues appears in its own panel. We're not interested in versions or iterations, and not every issue belongs to an epic.

Am I doing something wrong or is this not something that I can do with the Cloud Planner?

Thanks

Paul

9 answers

1 vote
Natalie Hendrickson July 1, 2015

Hi Paul,

The possibility to select Agile board/sprint and then schedule its JIRA issues on the timeline is available in ActivityTimeline add-on for both JIRA Cloud and Server for a long time: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.activitytimeline.plugin along with workload indication.

Regards,

Natalie

0 votes
Paul Timms August 9, 2015

I've had another look at this but still can't find a simple way to schedule issues. Not much has changed since last time, despite having the latest version.

0 votes
Paul Timms July 13, 2015

Thanks Björn. I have planned this week's sprint on my timeline, as you can see from the screenshot.

image2015-7-13 14:48:53.png

In the sidebar on the right I have Issues, Versions, Epics, Iterations and Inbox. The Issues list only contains unassigned issues, but most of our issues have already been assigned so is there any way to show assigned issues in this list?

Another thing - I have linked the Agile board to my team, but when I click on Iterations it tells me I have to link a project, is that right? Do I even need to use Iterations for this purpose?

We are a small company who does support and programming. All we want to do is add issues, assign them, and schedule our work days.

Björn Orri Guðmundsson July 13, 2015
  • Iterations sidebar should show all issues regardless of assignee
    • this was a bug that has been fixed and has been released as of today (it should update for you automatically within a few hours)
    • Side-note: Iterations aren't supposed to be this complex but there are a few limiting factors regarding JIRA Agile which are being addressed and worked on
      • Ideally you should be able to link filters/boards/projects to the Team
      • sprints should show up on your timeline, for you to assign and add issues to schedule your day/sprint/week/work package or whatever you want to call it.
    • Behind every board there's a filter, we basically resolve the projects from the filter when you add the link, as i say we are working on making this smoother.. a lot smoother.
    • We are also working on a better solution for teams that work outside of these time scoped workflows such as sprints/iterations but are not able to release it just yet (very soon though).
  • The Team links are a "soft" link to JIRA items, by specifying projects/boards it helps you feed the Team scope (what my teams could/will be working on)

If you have feedback please visit 

tempoplugin.jira.com and leave a note. We welcome any and all feedback. 

0 votes
Björn Orri Guðmundsson July 13, 2015

Hey Paul.

You can "plan" the sprint on the Team level in Members timeline.
-Click a cell in in the team-row, search for the sprint you've created and plan it -  

And then you can plan the individual issues to members from the sidebar to your right (Iterations-sidebar) - find the plan you created and expand the issues to see them.

We'll have tighter integration with JIRA Agile in the near future so that hopefully you won't have to go through these steps. 
Will just pop up on your timeline(s), but for the time being these are your steps.

0 votes
Paul Timms July 2, 2015

Thanks Heiða

The feature I'm looking for doesn't seem to be in the list of restricted features. To summarise, in the Team Planner I would like to see the list of issues that I see on the Agile board and be able to drag them into the Team Planner. Surely it can do this?

Thanks

Paul

0 votes
Tempo Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2015

Hi Paul

Some features that are available in the Server version are not included in the first release of Tempo Planner on Cloud. In this first release, Tempo Planner and Tempo Teams are accessed via the "Planner" dropdown.

Due to limitations in the Atlassian Connect framework, the following features are not available in the first release. We are working with Atlassian to solve this problems. 

• Planning link in Team Overview is not available, Team Planning is accessed via the Planner dropdown
  • Workload and Holiday schemes are not included but will be available in a later release
  • Team Agenda gadget in the Team Overview is not yet available
  • The User Agenda gadget will be added in a later release
  • Classic Timeline

Please take also a look at https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/PLANNER/Restricted+Features+in+JIRA+Cloud

Best regards,

Heiða Dóra

Tempo Team

0 votes
Paul Timms July 2, 2015

Hi Natalie

Thanks for that, I've now installed the free trial. On the first link you sent, when you click on Cloud pricing it says it's not available for Cloud, but clearly it is!

I would still like to try out Tempo Planner too, to compare them. I know it's very new on JIRA Cloud but if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.

Thanks

Paul

0 votes
Natalie Hendrickson July 1, 2015

ActivityTimeline add-on is available for JIRA Cloud: http://activitytimeline.com/start-trial.html

0 votes
Paul Timms July 1, 2015

Hi Natalie

Thanks but ActivityTimeline isn't available for JIRA Cloud.

Paul

Suggest an answer