Unable to run config.bat

tnewton1 August 1, 2017

Hi,

I'm having an issue where I cannot run the config.bat. I end up getting:

C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\bin>config.bat
'"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_144\bin\jre\"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

after adding the environment variable. I followed what I found here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-59656 

Nothing seems to be working. I need to migrate the database over to SQL Server.

Any ideas? 

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
tnewton1 August 1, 2017

Actually, strange thing. I removed the environment variable and config.bat ran. I even changed my check-java.bat back to the original that shipped.

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2021

This also worked for me :)

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2017

Hi Travis,

As an alternative you can modify the dbconfig.xml directly.  You can use the Sample dbconfig.xml file in the Connecting JIRA applications to SQL Server 2012 knowledge base for reference.  That should at least get you past the portion where you need to connect to the new database so you can proceed.

As to why the config.bat is failing even after following those steps, I did find some information that may be of assistance:

there is a " missing after %_EXECJAVA:
for /f "tokens=2 delims=." %%a in ('"%_EXECJAVA" -version 2^>^1') do (

Because of that, our Java version could not be determined. The version could be determined after we manually added " in line 12.

I was unable to verify as I do not have a Windows installation, however, that came from a Support ticket and the user requested the ticket be closed so you may try that and see if that helps.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer