Unable to login

Yeung Ying Ying Debby November 18, 2020

Hello,

I tried to log in through https://Id.atlassian.com/login. The same error message “Oops, that didn’t work! Try that again in a moment.” occurred every time I reached two step authentication page over the last few days. However, I do not encounter this error in other PC or on mobile. 

I have checked another post (Unable to login using 2 factor authentication) with the same error message.  The answer was to set time to Auto in system setting. However, I do not have the same setting option in my PC. 

How can I resolve this issue? 

Thank you in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2020

Yeung,

Welcome to the community.  I see that you found this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/atlassian-cloud-2fa-unable-to-log-in-978214072.html  My guess is that you are using an OS other than Windows or iOS.  Can you share with me what your OS is?

Yeung Ying Ying Debby November 19, 2020

Hello! Thanks for your reply.
Yes I have found that article. I am actually using Window OS. However, the computer I encountered the issue is from my company. We have restricted access to internet and the option to “set time zone automatically”  is not shown at all in system setting.
I have checked the time zone and even region location setting, which are both correct geographically. 
Yet, I still encounter the same error message..

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2020

Can you work with your administrator to make the change since they will have escalated permission.  

Yeung Ying Ying Debby November 30, 2020

Thank you Brant. 
I have checked with the IT Team. They confirmed that the time zone setting is correct. 

However, it does not resolve my issue. We have users reported that they logged in successfully 3-4weeks ago. However, no one can login in JIRA now using my company’s network now.

I have checked the developer mode, trying to get the root cause issue, and found several possible issues below from Chrome and IE.

1. Java script loading error. Java script is disabled.

2. we tried to load scripts but something went wrong. Please make sure that your network settings allow you to download scripts from the following domain ......
3. Access XMLHttpRequest has been blocked by CORS policy

The 8 domains from article “Atlasssian cloud IP ranges and domains” have been whitelisted before the issue. I am not sure if the domain whitelist is the issue behind. 

I am stuck on this for over 1 week now. Any ideas how can I make it work again? 

Thank you for your reply very much.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2020

Yeung,

Sounds like you need to work with IT to loosen some restrictions.  I was not able to login with JavaScript disabled so I would start there.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events