Unable to login to JIRA

Vennela S March 4, 2024

Sorry, your username and password are incorrect - please try again.

2 answers

0 votes
Uday Kiran Bhaviri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2024

First check the default licensing group for application access whether you have access to or not. Also

Check your user directory settings by logging with the service account. If you are part of any user directory which is primary user directory for licensed users

Check other internal directories as well.

Vennela S March 4, 2024

I'm not receiving any emails to get the reset password link, can you help me how can I get the email?

0 votes
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2024

Hi @Vennela S

Are you an administrator of that Jira instance? Can you ask another admin to reset your password?
You could also try the password reset. Fo this an outgoing mail server must be configured.

Multiple factors can play a role here: wrong password, issue with LDAP connection, ...

If you are not an admin of the instance I suggest you get in touch with them.

Vennela S March 4, 2024

Hi @Charlie Misonne 
I've tried to reset the password multiple times, but I'm not receiving any email to reset the password.

yes, I'm the admin.

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2024

Is there an outgoing mail server (SMTP) connected to the instance?

If there is no other admin to help you you can use the recovery mode. Follow this documentation.

You basically need to set a java property: 

-Datlassian.recovery.password=<your-password>

Then you can login with username recovery_admin  and the password you chose in the property.

Vennela S March 4, 2024

How can I make sure, this - Is there an outgoing mail server (SMTP) connected to the instance? 

FYI - I'm using this for my personal login, not associated with any organization.

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2024

If you never configured the SMTP setting there is none and you won't be getting any mails.

I think you should try the recovery procedure I sent you.

Vennela S March 4, 2024

can you help me in the procedure, I'm unfamiliar with the process.
do you want me to put this command (

-Datlassian.recovery.password=<your-password>

)in tomcat?

Suggest an answer