Unable to login or reset password

Murthy Namagiri September 28, 2017

Hi When I click the link "Forgot Password"  and subsequently on "send reset Link" on the web page I get a message saying " E-mail with Password reset link is successfully sent". But I am not receiving the e-mail in my inbox. Please help

3 answers

1 vote
Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2017

Please check if the mail server is working or enabled. Even if mails are disabled on the server, it doesn't give any error but says Password link is sent.

Murthy Namagiri October 5, 2017

Our mail is on office 365... we used to get the e-mails regularly.. but once I updated my password for Office 365, did not get a chance to update the same in JIRA outgoing mail configuration.

Unfortunately mine is an administrator account and nothing can be done without retrieving my login. Pls help

0 votes
Murthy Namagiri October 9, 2017

Thanks Shannon, will try and let you know....

WIth Best Regards,

Murthy

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2017

Hi Murthy,

• Can you let us know are you on Jira Cloud or Jira Server?
  • If you are on Jira Server, have you configured outgoing emails?
  • If you are on Jira Cloud, does the email match your Community account? I can look it up for you to see what happened.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Ours is a stand alone server running JIRA 7.5.1

Our mail is on office 365... we used to get the e-mails regularly.. but once I updated my password for Office 365, did not get a chance to update the same in JIRA outgoing mail configuration.

Unfortunately mine is an administrator account and nothing can be done without retrieving my login. Pls help

Also I checked the atlassian-jira-outgoing-mail.log file and it has entries indicating the Password Reset link e-mail sending failed due to Authentication failure.

When I try to login with the right password it says captcha code is required and No captcha image is displayed Capture.JPG

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2017

Murthy,

I recommend that you try the procedure at Restore passwords to recover admin user rights in order to reset your password.

You can do this directly through the database.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer