Unable to log work

Kasparas Kizlaitis November 27, 2017

Good afternoon!

I am unable to Log Work in JIRA (and it seems that no one in our team is able to). I went to Unable to Log Work issue but there is no answer there – everything is enabled, all the permissions are set (I can see that from Permission Helper action).

What is there else that could be wrong that we cannot log our work?

Thank you for you assistance!

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2017

Are you sure you checked the  workflow of the issue? The part about  jira.issue.editable ?

May I ask you how to check this flag of the workflow?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2017

You need to

1. Find the workflow for the issue.

2. Go to cog item-> Issues -> Workflows.

3. Switch to the edit mode of the workflow

4. In the workflow choose the status in which your issue is now

5. Click view properties

6. Check if you have the property there. 

I checked it and no, it did not have jira.issue.editable flag.

I added jira.issue.editable -> true to one of our workflow steps and I submitted the draft, however, 'Log Work' field or button hasn't appeared on issues that are currently in this one workflow step.

Anything else that I should try or check?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 27, 2017

Are there no issues with Log Work button enabled in your Jira instance? Or only certain issues do not have the button?

As far as I see it, no issues currently have Log Work button.

By the way, I am looking for this button when I select the issue, then select three dots and look at "More Actions". It's not there. Maybe it should be somewhere else?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 27, 2017

I see, could you open the detail issue view and there must be "More" dropdown. Then inside the More dropdown there must be Log Work button.

I am not sure in what screen you choose three dots. There are many screens like that in Jira.

Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 17.03.33.pngBy saying "More" dropdown you mean these three dots on the upper right? If yes, there is no Log Work button there.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 27, 2017

Nope, I have a more dropdown near Assign button. What is your Jira version?

Unfortunately, I cannot check it because I don't have rights. Is there a process of upgrading our JIRA version?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 27, 2017

No, you do not need to upgrade your Jira. Just definately your screen is different a bit from mine. Maybe you have a newer version. It would be nice to know your Jira version. At least is it Cloud version or Server?

It is a Cloud version.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 27, 2017

I see. Cloud version can not be updated. 

So are there any more things that we could try?

@Alexey Matveev I am somehow able to log my work through JIRA app for iOS devices but not through JIRA web page. This is insane...

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 27, 2017

I think we should wait until someone from Atlassian Support sees the question.

Suggest an answer