Unable to delete extra boards in a JIRA project

Nick Knuth November 2, 2017

I have read some of the solved discussions posted by others but when I attempt to go to 'Boards' then 'View All Boards,' all I get is a spinning wheel. I don't actually get to see anything.  The other solution I saw says I should go to the 'Agile' drop-down and delete from there but I don't see that option either. This may be because we don't have the most current version of JIRA but I have to believe there is a way to delete boards with the version we have.  I do believe it is version 7.1. Thoughts?

Screenshot of me trying to view all boardsJIRA Board View.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2017

Hi Nick,

I believe the problem you are seeing is actually a known bug in that version of Jira Software.  Please see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-15295 for more details.  

There is a work-around listed on that bug page that might help here to increase the timeouts, please see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+change+the+default+AJAX+timeout+in+JIRA

However I think it would be best to upgrade to a version 7.2.6 or above to resolve this issue in the long term.  A number of performance improvements have been made to Jira since your 7.1.4 version.

Regards,

Andy

Nick Knuth November 7, 2017

It was we actually just got upgraded to version 7.5 yesterday so now I am able to remove boards. 

Thank you for providing the input. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2017

You don't have "Agile" because you are on Jira Software, where it was replaced with "Boards"

Does the log file have anything to say about this error?

Nick Knuth November 5, 2017

Not anything that I have seen/found yet. 

Suggest an answer