Unable to create a board

Erez Baron June 13, 2021

Just installed Jira Cloud, and is trying to set up a second board for the same project.

When entering the "Create a board" section, I've tried selecting both Kanban and Scrum, but in either case, when selecting "Board from an existing project" and trying to specify which project this board belongs to, I get a "No Matches" alert.

What am I doing wrong?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2021

Hi @Erez Baron the team managed project type won't support multiple boards to my knowledge. Their is this Jira ticket JSWCLOUD-17371 created for the similar query. You may choose to vote, watch, share your suggestions, comments on that ticket ID.

If my post addressed your query, you may click "accept answer" for the benefit of new members.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

Erez Baron June 13, 2021

Much appreciated @G subramanyam 

Like G subramanyam likes this
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2021
Erez Baron June 13, 2021

Thanks @Jack Brickey

Saldly, I am unable to save a filter... don't have that option 

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2021

Hi @Erez Baron welcome to the Atlassian community.

To me, it looks like you must be trying on team managed project type. May I know if you can check on the company managed project type (test environment) and facing the similar issue. If that is not the case, your first point of contact should be your "Jira admin" who will look for the root cause. Alternatively, you may reach out to Atlassian support team with the screen shot, project type, whether you have the board or project permissions etc.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

Erez Baron June 13, 2021

Thanks so much @G subramanyam !

You are correct, under settings it seems my project type is: "Team Managed Software".

Does that mean I can't create another board?

Best,

Erez

Like G subramanyam likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders