Unable to create Issue: Tempo account field doesn't show linked Tempo Account

Sebastian Nitsche January 17, 2019

Hi Team,

I created a new project from an existing one and linked the new project to the same account in Tempo (Screen 1). The Project shows up correctly in Tempo as a Linked Project to the right Account.

Everything looks & works exactly as with the old project with the exception that when I try to create an issue it tells me that an "Account is required" (regarding the Tempo account custom field). I see the Account field but it doesn't show the linked account. Typing the name of the account here doesn't help either.

Any ideas what I'm missing?

Thanks,
Sebastian

P.S.: Also tried creating another new test project from scratch and linked it to the account in Tempo but run into the same problem.

Screen 1:
1.png

Screen 2:
2.png

Update:

I linked the same project to a second account. This second account now shows up in the account field but still not the first account. Any idea why the first account doesn't work? It's a mystery to me.

Linked Accounts:
u1.png

Available values in Tempo accounts custom field during issue creation: 

u2.png

2 answers

0 votes
Winnie Andersen November 23, 2021

Hi Sebastian. 

Did you ever find a way to fix this problem? I'm having the same issue. 

0 votes
Jan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2019

Sebastian - Do you have the correct field on the screen? Do you have a custom field called Tempo Account? If so, that should be the one used and added to the screen. account.JPG

Sebastian Nitsche January 17, 2019

Thanks for replying so quickly.
I don't have a custom field called "Tempo Account". It only says "Account". But underneath it says "Tempo Account custom field":

Capture.PNG

And even in the Field configuration view it shows "Tempo Account custom field" with the Labels "Required" and "Locked" and the mouse-over info that "This configuration item is locked by Jira or one of its plugins: You are not allowed to alter its configuration." I can't find any other custom field called "Tempo Account". So I'm pretty sure this is the one.
3.png

Jan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2019

You may try clearing cache and cookies and check to see if it then appears. If not, then you could try to set Vantage Space as the default to see if it then displays. If not,  I would also go to Tempo -> Accounts, search the account and see if the link to the project shows there as well.

Suggest an answer