Unable to complete sprint despite being admin

Chase Banyan February 26, 2014

I have a board that spans multiple JIRA projects. The query pulls based on a shared field across all those project. I am admin on all those projects (and more that could be included). I am admin on all the projects that currently have tickets in the sprint. However, I have lost the ability to Complete Sprint. The button is disable with tip "must be project admin". This has worked for a year and just stopped working within the last 2 weeks.

My JIRA admin has removed my admin rights, left it overnight and added them back. Still no luck. We've verified that I am admin on all the active projects.

Any ideas?

Atlassian GreenHopper (v6.1.4.2) on Atlassian JIRA (v5.2.6)

2 answers

0 votes
Ravi Varma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2018

Hi @Chase Banyan,

If you are using the latest JIRA Software version, the user should have Manage Sprints permission (for all projects in the board), in order to complete any of the active sprints.

Please look at the following screenshot taken from the JIRA Software documentation

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 4.18.46 PM.png

Regards,

Ravi Varma

0 votes
Chase Banyan March 12, 2014

I've created boards for each project in the original query result and have full edit on those individual project boards. However, I still can not edit the board that has all the projects returned. I even added admin rights to all projects (closed) that could potentially be returned in the query results and still no luck.

Suggest an answer