Unable to complete a sprint when it's past the final day in the sprint

Murad Habibi October 25, 2017

I am an Administrator on my project and trying to complete a sprint.

The sprint ended yesterday and the Complete Sprint button is disabled (See figure below).

Since I have admin rights, I should be able to complete the sprint - but am unable too. I was looking under the "Manage Sprint" roles, which I assume Admin role trump the Manage Sprint role

Any help would be appreciated.

not complete.png

Figure 1. The Complete Sprint button is disabled on my screen.

2 answers

0 votes
Scott Hatch November 15, 2018

I'm also seeing this issue. We are using the hosted version of Jira, so on the latest release.

I do have correct permissions and have been able to close sprints in the past. but something is different now.  I can close sprints on other boards, and some (administrators) can close the sprint on my board, but three people (including me) can't close our own sprint.

I'm looking for ideas.

0 votes
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2017

@Murad Habibi, do you have issues in the sprint from a variety of projects?  If so, you will need the Manage Sprint permission for each of those projects.

The other thing you can look at it the permission scheme being used in the project.  You mentioned that you are in the Admin & Manage Sprint Roles.  Make sure that whatever role or group you are in has been assigned that permission in the scheme.

.pd

Murad Habibi October 27, 2017

Hi Peter,

I checked and the issues are only from one project.

In the permission scheme, it looks like Administrators (like myself), should have access to manage sprints. Below are some screen shots. The permission scheme is a company default and I am unable to edit it.

Am I looking at the wrong space?

Jira_1.pngJira_2.pngJira_3.png

Ramesh Jakkepally May 13, 2019

Any update on this?

I am facing the same issue in JIRA Cloud version. How can close the past sprint and move all the remaining tasks to active sprint?

Suggest an answer