Unable to change board ownership

J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2013

I keep getting "No Matches" when trying to transfer ownership of a Greenhopper board from me to another user. Greenhopper 6.2.1. Yes I'm an admin, yes the user exists because I transferred filter ownership to him and he signed in a short time ago. He's Project Lead and he has permissions in the project....what am I missing?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Blanken May 30, 2013

Hi all,

signed up to the boards to post this reply, so I hope it helps :)

We've had the same issue today. I am in the same situation as J. Caldwell, that is I am JIRA admin and couldn't change board ownership. However, after I added myself to the group 'jira-developers' I was suddenly able to do it.

So, you might want to check whether you belong to this group and, if not, add yourself.

Greetings from Hamburg, Germany,

Daniel

0 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2013

HA! That was it. Danke schön Daniel.

Further review of the Global Permissions showed that the defaut Global settings only had the Developer group as being having the "Browse Users" permissions, so because the user wasn't in there, I couldn't get them in.

I've changed that to the main Jira User's group, now everyone can be selected.

J

0 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2013

Daniel,

I'm going to try your suggestion and see...

J

0 votes
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2013

Hi J. Caldwell,

Does your user have the Browse Users global permission? Without this permission, you are not able to view any users.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Clarissa.

J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2013

Yep....it's me and I'm god in Jira. :)

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2013

Hey there, J. Caldwell.

Can you try to type the name of the user to see if he appears on the generated dropdown for the Owner field in the GreenHopper configuration page? By default, when you click the dropdown, it will show the No Matches option.

Warm regards,

Danial

J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2013

Tried. Also tried copying the user ID in there, etc. No luck.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
May 27, 2013

Hey there again, J. Caldwell.

This is indeed strange. Does it occur with other board(s) or other user(s) too? Can you check if he belongs to the JIRA Administrator (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Global+Permissions) permission?

Warm regards,

Danial

J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2013

It's me trying (Jira God) trying to transfer it to another non-god jira user.

Suggest an answer