Unable To Update SSL Certificate

requiemzz March 9, 2021

I needed to update the ssl certificate on y server and I went though all the steps but I cant access the web page now. I noticed in the logs i get the following:\ Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/atlassian/jira/ssl/domain.com.jks (No such file or directory)

I do know that the jks file is there.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2021

Hi @requiemzz ,

I'm wondering if you add a regular HTTP connector if that works (so non-SSL)?

This article for confluence (https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/tomcat-unable-to-the-find-keystore-1014666944.html) gave me the same ideas as I was thinking of, mainly the permissions.

Can you check whether the user who is starting your jira actually has permissions to view the file/directory? Maybe these got overwritten when you updated the file?

Also an extra space or so in your server.xml could be the culprit.

requiemzz March 9, 2021

I have a current certificate that is working but its about to expired I placed the jks file in the same location and gave it the same permissions. its in the /opt/atlassian/jira/ssl/

0 votes
requiemzz March 9, 2021

Had a typo in my jks file name

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2021

Well that’s sort of an extra space :)

Good find!

Suggest an answer