Turn off next-gen

Michael Spiro November 8, 2018

How do I turn off next-gen.  Can't create the board with the settings that I'm used to.  I want to go back

3 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2018

adding to Max's input. Next-gen isn't an off on. It is a template used when creating a project. You can create a classic project and bulk move all issues from NG to the classic one.

Secondly, there is a toggle for 'the new jira view'. It is called Jira-labs. You can enable disable under your avatar (bottom left) and Personal settings.

Michael Spiro November 8, 2018

Classic is grayed out.  It won't let me create in classic.

2018-11-08 16_28_56-Clipboard.png

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2018

That's because you have to be at least a Jira administrator to create "regular" projects from templates as they have some impact in the backend (creating configuration etc.). So it's not very recommendable to let every user be able to create projects ;) It's not fun to clean up that mess.

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2018

correct Max! and this is one of the key 'selling points' of next-gen I think - giving all users the ability to create simplified projects that won't break other projects.

editorial

Andrew Makar October 17, 2019

If you wanted the ease of creating custom fields on Next Gen projects but wanted to centralize who creates those custom fields using the Next Gen interface, how would that be done?

0 votes
Matt Strautmann November 16, 2018

I wish I wouldn't have tried it.  Now I have people using a board that I can't even change the workflow for....They should have waited to roll out this option.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2018

@Matt Strautmann, you can always create a classic project and bulk move the issues.

Thomas Belknap March 20, 2019

I'm with Matt. This is not a beta and should never have been rolled out as anything other than a deep inside look into next gen. 

0 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2018

There's no "going back" as they are independent projects and different from regular projects 

Suggest an answer