Trying to share a dashboard from our service desk to a client (outside our organization)

Claudia Pizarro Videla May 7, 2021

Hi all

I am trying to share a dashboard from our service desk to a client (in order to allow them to see their issues and their statistics)

The dashboard is finished and made public. All the filters I created in order to put together this dashboard are set to public as well.

I sent the link to an external user (to test it before sending it to the client) and this person can see the dashboard but it brings absoluteley no statistics. It's like as if the filters were not working at all.

Any ideas how solve this? Thanks in advance!!

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 8, 2021

Hi @Claudia Pizarro Videla

We provide a commercial app called Dashboard Hub for Jira, which allows you to create an ITSM dashboard in less than a minute (we provide pre-defined templates) and share it with your customer using a unique and secure link (password protected if you want).

Here you can see a live demo dashboard showing data from Jira Service Management: ITSM dashboard 

Hope this helps!

Claudia Pizarro Videla May 11, 2021

I'll take a look. Thanks

Like Gorka Puente _Appfire_ likes this
Claudia Pizarro Videla May 31, 2021

Hi Gorka, is it possible to customize?  I am can't seem to find what I want to show to my client...

Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 1, 2021

Yes, you can customize it, I can help you out in a video call if you need. Ping me at gorka at roninpixels dot com

Claudia Pizarro Videla June 1, 2021

Thanks!

Like Gorka Puente _Appfire_ likes this
0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2021

Hello @Claudia Pizarro Videla 

I have worked with Service Management project, but I have not specifically tried to create JIRA Dashboards to share with customers, so I am making some logical guesses about your issue.

In order to see data in a Service Management project you need to be either a Service Desk Team Member (an agent for the project) or a Customer of the project. And Customers can see only the issues they have created, or those that have been shared with them or their Organization.

Is you dashboard generic across all issues in the project, or are the filters set up to pull only the issues that the customer would be able to see through the UI?

Customers also are permitted to see only a subset of the data available in a Service Management issue. What data are you trying to present in the dashboard?

Hi, thank you for your answer!

About customers being able to see issues shared with their organizations, this should work, since the client is created properly. And maybe this is why the person I sent it can not see it.

The dashboard has filters in place that will allow the client to see only issues related to their organization.

I am trying to present the following data:

a) Total number of tickets

b) Total number of breached tickets (first response and time to done)

c) Total number of breached tickets by priority 

d) Total number of tickets by status

e) Total number of tickets by type of support (technical, functional, etc)

All this views were created by using the filter capabilities provided by JIRA 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2021

If the user you used for testing was not a member of any organization, or an organization that had no associated issues, then that would explain why there was no data displayed.

Can you test with another user that is a member of an organization that does have issues, and let us know if that user sees data?

I will do that! thanks!!

Claudia Pizarro Videla May 11, 2021

I checked today with an actual client... it seems dashboards "live" in our atlassian instance and client's can not see it... keep showing this message that their credentials are not valid... will keep trying to share it tho.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events