Trying to display stories in a board for a non-active sprint

Ira Dennis July 1, 2021

HI- 

The product team is trying to maintain our board of future work (new ideas, ice box, ready, etc) with the idea that we can work on the pieces and feed them into the dev backlog once complete. We are differentiating with status via workflow.

We like the idea of seeing what is in play for us without having to sort through the backlog list.

The problem is we are pulling stories from their backlog and since those stories are not in an active sprint, I can't get them to show on our board.

In the board configuration I can see the stories (new, ice box, backlog) that would show up in the columns, but they are not showing in the board.

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 11.04.00 AM.png

Any help with this or does someone have another way of making this work?

Thx

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Amaris Nieves July 1, 2021

I don't think it's possible if you are using a Scrum board as you can have only the active sprint.

What we do is that we have a second (Kanban) board for that for the same project. You can even have them use the same filter for selecting the issues.

Ira Dennis July 1, 2021

Thank you!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

Hello @Ira Dennis 

Welcome to the community.

If you are using a Scrum board, issues will shown on the board only if they are in an Active sprint. If you want to continue to use a scrum board, you'll have to add the issues to a sprint and start the sprint to see them on the board view.

The alternative is to set up a Kanban board which does not use sprints and can show all issues in a board view.

Ira Dennis July 1, 2021

Wow, thank you for the quick response. Beautiful. Will try. Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events