Trying to create a simple report for Resolution times

jonathan appleby June 11, 2019

Hi, I am trying to create a report to show me the number of tickets closed within 2hours, 4 hours and anything over? Is this possible using the advanced query aspect?

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2019

Hi @jonathan appleby 

Welcome to the community!

The answer to your question may depend upon how your team works...

• If you create an issue in Jira just-in-time before you start it, using the relative date/time idea suggested by @Thomas Magny-Garcia will work
  • For any other scenario, you would need to do some math, calculating the difference between your starting-status datetime and completed-status datetime.  Jira cannot do that out-of-the-box, so you would need an add-on to enhance filter capabilities, or export to another tool to do the reporting.

Best regards,

Bill

0 votes
Thomas Magny-Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2019

Hello !
I am not sure you can get directly the number of tickets neither the completion date..
But maybe you can figure out something using query like that : "updatedDate >= -5d and status in( Done, "Done Done")" ?

Thomas Magny-Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2019

Edit : Using the "resolutionDate" should be better, I guess.
Query : "resolutiondate >= -5d"

Suggest an answer