Trying to archive old sprints to see new ones in Sprint report

Lynne Meddaugh August 8, 2013

On the Sprint Report, you can open the drop down list to see all past sprints. How can I archive these to show a smaller list? Problem is, after 28 sprints, the list is too long to view the most recent sprints. It always shows the oldest ones and there is no scroll option. All but the most recent are completed. Or is there a way to get the list to default to newest sprint and let the old ones fall off the list?

4 answers

0 votes
Steve Keiper January 1, 2014

I would like to do this as well. So far, i've only seen a way to manually update the database and rename the old sprints. Perhaps you could do this to filter the oldest sprints to the bottom.

here is a link to the other article regarding renameing...

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/174646/can-i-rename-a-completed-sprint

0 votes
Lynne Meddaugh September 4, 2013

The goal here is to not delete any records. We want to be able to keep sprints and stories within them around for at least a year, but now we have multiple teams dealing with this. Its crazy that the list is not scrollable.

0 votes
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2013

Hm, this is a little bit tricky but you can do this by deleting the desired records in the table "AO_XXXXXX_SPRINTS". Before deleting the records please make a backup of your table!

Lynne Meddaugh August 18, 2013

Does that mean the stories are deleted from Jira or just from the sprint container?

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2013

What version of GreenHopper are you using? The newer versions of GreenHopper comes with a input field which you can use to select sprints.

Lynne Meddaugh August 18, 2013

We're on v6.2

Suggest an answer