Trying to add Status Field to Bug Layout

Tal Nidam December 5, 2021

Looking, with no success for 2 hours, to add the Status field to the create Bug layout, please help.

Cant find a way

Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 11.31.10 am.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2021

Hi @Tal Nidam

welcome to the Atlassian Community.

The status field is a special field in Jira. Whenever you create an issue it will be automatically in the first status of your workflow.
You can also checkout the documentation about the status field.

Would you like to pick different statuses on creation? How about describing your use case in more detail, then the Community can advise you how to solve it?

Cheers.
Matthias.

A bit of pain :)
Thanks, if so, where can I update the workflow?

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2021

That‘s actually described in the linked docs (I‘m assuming you’re in a team-managed project):

To create a new status:

1. From your project's sidebar, select Project settings > Issue types.

2. From the sidebar, select the issue type you want to edit.

3. Select Edit workflow.

4. Using the toolbar at the top of the editor, select a status category for the status you want to create.

5. Give your status a name.

6. Select Add.

Your new status appears on the workflow. By default, new statuses allow issues in any other status to move into them. The Any status label represents this kind of "global" transition.

0 votes

When I do where is my field, this is what I get

Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 11.33.19 am.png

Florian PEREZ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2021

Hello, 

You can't add the status (the original one of jira) to a creation / modification screen.

This is not event even a real fields, you can consider it more like a state of the issue. Status is automatically show on display screen!

It is possible to show this in jira with some scripted field / custom field has a copy of the original BUT I would rate the need to place the status in creation screen as very very bad practice!

Can you please explain what is the purpose of placing this field on creation screen? 

Thanks

I will try and update the workflow, based on Matthias answer 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders