Troubleshoot incoming mail logs in JIRA

Nick Turner January 7, 2022

Hi

We have several incoming mail handlers and one incoming mail handler to handle mails logging tasks in a JIRA project. What we find is that a couple of mails never create the associated tasks despite them being successully sent to internal mailbox and then forwarded to JIRA.

There is no commonality on the sender or the mail handler it is destined for and as a result I cannot tell why the mails are failing to log the tasks. I have verified this with multiple tests from the same email address with the same content so it is not being marked malicious or spam.

Is there any advanced logging I can enable for incoming mail handlers to see why mails may be getting rejected.

Advanced mail loop protection is on with a message detection threshold of 5. Although I dont see how this would affect it as we have one email from a unique email address which has not logged a task. I would understand if it got blocked because it was sending multiple emails but not one. 

Has anybody experienced this or can provide any information on how to debug this further

Thank you 

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2022

@Nick Turner you would need to submit a ticket with support.  If you are seeing the emails come into your mail account being pulled but no issue is being created Atlassian support should be able to see what is happening on your cloud instance.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events