Troubles with licence activation

Hugues Massot December 21, 2020

Hi,

I have a trouble with my Jira Licence Activation.

I successfully added the licence to Confluence Server but when I try to activate the Jira Licence, I have an error message when I try to activate it.

Can you help me with it please ?

Thanks

Capture.JPG

Capture2.jpg

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi,

As you can see, it's the Jira Software Server Licence.

That's why I don't understand...

Capture.JPG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2020

That's too short a string to be a licence key.  You've put spaces or line feeds into it somehow.

I have hidden the full licence key.

I have the full licence key.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2020

Is what you are pasting into Jira an exact, letter for letter, copy of the licence key in the box?

We've seen some browsers (notably IE) having bugs when pasting keys from the clipboard, inserting or replacing letters sometimes.  It's quite hard to spot though.

Yes, it's the good licence key.

I tried with Edge and it worked.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2020

Nothing to apologise for - we've all miskeyed them at least once ourselves, and run into copy and paste doing odd things.  Just glad you were able to fix it!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2020

It is what it says it is - the licence key you are pasting into the field is not a key for Jira Software.

Check that the key you are copying from your my.atlassian licence list is definitely for Jira Software (not Confluence, Jira Core or Jira Service Desk)

Suggest an answer