Trouble with Unmapped Statuses in Rapid Board configuration

Henrik Jönsson October 21, 2012

Hi,

I have a number of rapid board were I can't see all my unmapped statuses. When I create a new rapid board I would expect that all my statuses are available in the Unmapped Statuses column, but this is not the case. I miss many custom statuses.

What determines which statuses are shown in the Unmapped Statuses column in the Rapid Board configuration?

1 answer

2 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2012

It depends on the following condition that is explained in the https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Configuring+Columns#ConfiguringColumns-MappingColumnstoJIRAStatuses documentation:

All statuses configured in the JIRA server are available from the board Configuration page. However, some statuses (in particular, custom statuses) may not be available for issues on your board if the JIRA workflow(s) used by these issues do not utilise those statuses.

Hence, you will have to ensure that the workflow that you map to the project is utilising the custom status that you have created.

Richard Garner May 8, 2013

Hi,

I don't think this is what Henrik was asking. I am having a similar issue, whereby I have a board which includes a project with workflow scheme 'A'. Scheme 'A' includes a workflow for a certain issue type (a sub-task called 'Code Review') which includes the status 'Reviewed'. This status is not appearing in the unmapped statuses within the board column configuration page for me to drag it into the appropriate column.

I have noticed that if I manually go to the issue in JIRA and step it through the workflow until it is in the state 'Reviewed' it will then appear in my 'Resolved' column, which - in the column config page - contains only the status 'Resolved'.

Any thoughts on what could be happening here?

Thanks

Rich

Richard Garner May 8, 2013

I think this is unrelated actually. I realised that 'Reviewed' is actually a step, not a status, and that it is linked to teh status 'resolved'. I'll have to work out what the differences are now!

Suggest an answer