Trouble with Unmapped Statuses in Rapid Board configuration

Hi,

I have a number of rapid board were I can't see all my unmapped statuses. When I create a new rapid board I would expect that all my statuses are available in the Unmapped Statuses column, but this is not the case. I miss many custom statuses.

What determines which statuses are shown in the Unmapped Statuses column in the Rapid Board configuration?

1 answer

2 votes
Ahmad Danial Atlassian Team Oct 21, 2012

It depends on the following condition that is explained in the https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Configuring+Columns#ConfiguringColumns-MappingColumnstoJIRAStatuses documentation:

All statuses configured in the JIRA server are available from the board Configuration page. However, some statuses (in particular, custom statuses) may not be available for issues on your board if the JIRA workflow(s) used by these issues do not utilise those statuses.

Hence, you will have to ensure that the workflow that you map to the project is utilising the custom status that you have created.

Hi,

I don't think this is what Henrik was asking. I am having a similar issue, whereby I have a board which includes a project with workflow scheme 'A'. Scheme 'A' includes a workflow for a certain issue type (a sub-task called 'Code Review') which includes the status 'Reviewed'. This status is not appearing in the unmapped statuses within the board column configuration page for me to drag it into the appropriate column.

I have noticed that if I manually go to the issue in JIRA and step it through the workflow until it is in the state 'Reviewed' it will then appear in my 'Resolved' column, which - in the column config page - contains only the status 'Resolved'.

Any thoughts on what could be happening here?

Thanks

Rich

I think this is unrelated actually. I realised that 'Reviewed' is actually a step, not a status, and that it is linked to teh status 'resolved'. I'll have to work out what the differences are now!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Mar 28, 2018 in Jira Software

Can a company’s culture make or break agile adoption?

Can a new-to-agile team survive and thrive in a non-agile culture? If so, what advice would you give to those trying to be agile in a non-agile culture? What's the key(s) to success? Share your thoug...

11,811 views 13 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you