Trouble seeing test runs using testrail add-on in next-gen projects

Travis Neal January 29, 2020

Hello all,

We use the testrail add-on for Jira to track cases and runs. We have used it for quite awhile without any issues. On traditional projects we can link and view cases and runs. I recently had a request to add the tool to a next-gen project and we are having trouble viewing runs. With the next-gen project we can see the cases that have been linked but not runs.

We tried creating new runs, and linking old runs, but nothing seems to work. We have no trouble seeing the cases our runs are executed from which implies that the jira item is being referenced correctly on the testrail side. I suspect this is a bug, we have no trouble seeing runs with traditional projects.

The runs field shows up in the next-gen project, but there is no data. The format of the add-on does appear different in the next-gen setup but I don't know if the issue is on the Jira side or the testrail add-on side.

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Critchley May 25, 2023

We're having this problem too, and can't make it out - as it seems to be otherwise working and setup. If anyone has a solution then please fire it in here.

We've tried removing the plugin and setting up again. But there is little to configure other than the base url - and thats working fine with the test cases link; its just the test runs that always says there are no test runs.

Wright, Lisa July 13, 2023

Having the same issue.  We have never been able to see the Test Runs, just the cases.

Like Mark Critchley likes this
Wright, Lisa July 13, 2023

So, from what I can tell...Test Rail doesn't automatically log the Test Run that a case is associated to.     It appears you have to manually add the reference, which doesn't really work for us because that could hundreds of references for a set of cases.  I am going to see what the Test Rail site says about this.

The manual overhead of adding references wouldn't be worth doing it.

Suggest an answer