Triggering an onclick(event) from plugin/addon using Jira Automation?

Kimberly Betty December 14, 2022

I'm currently using an addon called Approval Path for Jira to create an approval flow in a Jira Software Project. 

The way the addon works out of the box: On each issue, there is a section added where you can manually click a "Start" button to launch the approval process. So it's an onclick(event). 

The way I want it to work: I'd like to be able to launch the approval start "click" when an issue is transitioned to the status, "Waiting for Approval". Then the user can review requests/issues and move them to the new status which will automatically launch the approval. 

I already have a webhook automation step setup to transition the status to "Approved" after the approval is completed.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Krzysztof Bogdan January 6, 2023

Hello @Kimberly Betty 

I am one of developers behind Approval Path for Jira.

We do expose API, you can find docs here: https://warsaw-dynamics.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/APFJ/pages/21659649/API

With Jira Automation you can call our API to start approval when issue does transition.

You can contact us here:
https://warsaw-dynamics.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1
where we can help you with your specific case.

👋

Kimberly Betty January 9, 2023

Hi Krzysztof! Thanks for this response. I will try this and if I need help, I'll contact you directly at the link. Thanks!

Like • Krzysztof Bogdan likes this
0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2022

Hi @Kimberly Betty ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

On click is a client side event and the automation works at server side. You need to ask to Approval Path for Jira team if that operation raise some event at issue type so that you can intercept it in an automation.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events