Translate Jira Field for one project

Tobias April 23, 2021

Hello together,

I want to translate just one field for one project. The problem is that this field is part of many screen schemes. 

Do I have a possibility to translate it without seeing the changes in every project using the same screen scheme?

Thank you. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2021

Translations depend on the user's locale. If you have a field with default/English name, and a French translation, then the field will be shown French only for people using French language in their profile settings. Everybody else will still see the English name.

*Edit

If you mean renaming the field (and not translating - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/translate-a-custom-field/) then yes that will be changed everywhere.

You would indeed need to create a new custom field to allow having 2 same field types of a different name.

Tobias April 28, 2021

Thanks for that. The default language of a specific user showed the expected effect. I translated the field for English language and every user using english language pack can see the changes. 

Suggest an answer