Transitioning issues on Greenhopper rapid board

Chris Morphew November 19, 2012

I have a basic question on transitioning permissions...

I've just setup a test with a Greenhopper Kanban board - in work mode, for unassigned tasks I can drag them to the 'resolved' and 'closed' status columns but not the 'in progress' one. If I assign the task to myself first it allows me to drag to 'in progress'.

If this is by design, I would expect GH to stop a user closing an issue that wasn't assigned to them too?

So far I am still using the standard workflows and there are no special security schemes setup, can someone please point me in the right direction?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2012

You may also like to take a look at the GreenHopper Simplified Workflow as it will allow you to quickly change the column configuration.

Thanks,
Nicholas Muldoon
@GreenHopperTeam

2 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2012

Hey,

it's a condition associated with the start progress transition. Just the current assignee can do the transition...

Cheers Christian

Chris Morphew November 19, 2012

Wow - fast response!

So I would have to specifically setup a transition to stop people closing or resolving an issue that wasn't assigned to them? At least then it would be consistent.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2012

No, you just need to edit the condition(s) on the "close" and "resolve" transitions, OR change the permission schemes.

The transitions will have something like "user must have resolve permission" on them, so by editing the permission scheme, you can determine who gets the permission. Or change the workflow conditions.

Chris Morphew November 24, 2012

It was unclear what was causing that behaviour - certainly for a newbie getting used to the system! Not sure how you would get around that, maybe display a hint/tip when you drag an issue? I understand why it happened now, I copied the standard Jira workflow so my new workflow inherited all the conditions from that.

Suggest an answer