Transitioning an issue to DONE leaves issue resolution as "Unresolved"

Snorre Selmer November 27, 2020

Hi.

I've inherited admin for an old Jira, and I've noticed that issues in several projects, once their status is set to DONE, they still have the resolution "Unresolved". As an example, one small project has 77 issues as DONE, only one is "Resolved", and it's from December 2018. Every issue after that is marked as "Unresolved" which means they show up in the "Open issues" filter since it filters on "resolution = Unresolved" instead of "status != Done).

So what I'd like to figure out is this: is there something wrong with the workflows? Anything I can do to fix this permanently?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2020

Hi @Snorre Selmer 

It will be an issue with the Post Functions in the workflow - you will need to add a post function that adds the resolution.  The below guide should help:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-advanced-issue-workflows/

Regards, Liam

Snorre Selmer November 27, 2020

Thanks, I'll look into this.

I see that the DONE status has a post-action to set resolution, but it's blank. Is this normal? I can't seem to edit it, so I guess I should add a new one to set the resolution to Resolved or whatever it is.

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2020

Yes, I don't think it should be blank - so if you remove it and add a new one it should work

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events