Transition moves

Ganesh December 3, 2021

HI Community,

I have a scenario, Where I have 3 statuses(In Progress, In Review, In Implement)!!

workflow : In Progress<---(abc)---->In Review<---(xyz)---->In Implement

(Transition names---- abc & xyz)

I moved issue to In review from In Progress , on ticket both transitions are visible i,e abc & xyz!!! Same with In Implement to In Review (abc & xyz) are visible!!

What do I need to do(Condition or validator or post op) to make only one transition should be visible

Ex: If I m moving issue to In Progress to In review I want abc transition should visible!!!

If I m moving issue to In Implement to In review I want xyz transition should visible!!!

How to accomplish this!!! Thanks in advance!!!

Best,

Ganesh!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2021

Your workflow is not quite as simple as the linear case you've given us.

I suspect it might actually be:

• Create -> In progress
  • All -> in progress
  • All -> in review
  • All -> in implement

"all" in there is a trick, it means "Can go from any status into the target"

You have two options.

You could try putting conditions on each "all" transition, ones which would check the current status and return a "nope" if it is a transition you don't want.  However, Jira doesn't come with conditions that you could set up, you'd need to get an app to provide one that can do it.

The better option is to edit the workflow.  Add the transitions you want to allow for, and remove the "all" ones.

Ganesh December 3, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  Yes!! you are right!!! This is not linear however this is not the case with "all" option either!!!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2021

It looked a lot like a pile of "all" transitions, but you could also get there with a load of other individual ones.  I just took the easier-to-explain route ;-)  Same answers though - best bet is to remove the transitions you don't want!

Suggest an answer