Transition condition on Story, but not on Sub-tasks

DSell March 5, 2021

I have transition condition on the move between backlog status and open status only allowing the scrum master to execute this. This is great for stories, but I want engineers to be able to create and move sub-tasks without the condition between backlog and open. Thoughts?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2021

Hi @DSell - Maybe create a second transition from Backlog to Open with a Condition where the issuetype = Sub-task.

DSell March 5, 2021

Hi @John Funk , I do not see an option to create "issuetype = Sub-task condition:(

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2021

You would add a condition for Value field

Then choose Issue Type from the dropdown

Change operator to =

the type in the exact name of the issue type - probably Sub-task, but you should double check that. 

Click Add

Then Publish the workflow. 

DSell March 5, 2021

@John Funk ,This is what I see:

2021-03-05_12h46_38.jpg

DSell March 5, 2021

@John Funk ... I got it by using script condition. Thank you for getting me there!

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2021

Ah, I missed that you were using Jira Server. Anyway, glad you got it working.  :-)

Suggest an answer