Transferring Information from certain fields in the Epic to the issues create within it

Jaina Chavda January 6, 2022

HI All,

Is there a way to transfer some information for certain fields that exist for both the Epic and the Issue, so that when issues are created within an Epic the Issue copies the information in these fields as well?

To give some context to the question:

I use epics to discuss the request with my team and they assign a priority to it, then issues are create to breakdown the request for development. I would like these issues to take on the same priority without manually have to insert it into every individual issue that is created under the epic.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2022

Yes. You can use Automation to copy fields from the parent (epic) issue when associated tasks/stories are created. I would refer you to the Automation documentation but also say that ther are a number of post on how this is done with example rules within the Community so you may want to search the Community. Here is one from a quick search I did - Copy-field-value-from-Epic-to-child-issue-with-automation 

Jaina Chavda January 6, 2022

Thank you so much for your help I will go ahead and try this!

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2022

If you have any questions about the automation as you begin to build it out please don’t hesitate to come back here and share where you might be stuck.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events