Transfer admin / regain admin to company instances

Ben Haylock September 13, 2022

I think the "admin" of our Atlassian instances is someone who left our company many months ago. The other "admin" should be an executive of the business: but isn't.

I, as a recent joiner in the last 6 months have no way to administer our Jira and Confluence.

I asked Support to please contact me so we can work through the formal process of regaining access, and they redirected me "to the forums!".

Could I, please, get some assistance?

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

Hello @Ben Haylock 

Welcome to the community.

Your post tags indicate you are using a Free subscription for Jira and Confluence. Is that actually correct? Is your company using a free subscription or a paid subscription?

With a Free subscription you unfortunately are not eligible for support from Atlassian Support.

And, also unfortunate for you, we are a community of users of our own Jira instances. We don't have access to your instance nor access to your Atlassian Cloud Organization.

Jira and Confluence Cloud instances are products that run under a Site, with that Site being part of an Atlassian Cloud Organization that your company established. The person who created the Organization and Site would have been established as an Organization and Site Administrator, and could've granted that access to other people. If there are no people left in your company that have that level of access, the only way I know to resolve that is to work with Atlassian Support.

One of our Community Leaders here may be able to send a direct alert to the Atlassian Team members who monitor this community to get you some help, if you truly are using a Free subscription at your company.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events