Tracking transitions from status X to status Y by person

Johannes March 16, 2018

Hi All,

pls help. How to track (to list) users who set the status of an entry eg. from In Review -> Resolved ?

thx

Hannes from Austria

2 answers

1 vote
Alec Jasanovsky June 27, 2019

Trying to figure this out too - any ideas?

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2018

You can find it in the History or Transitions tabs of an issue.

Johannes March 16, 2018

Hi Yes for sure I know this  - but I have to do this manually.

What I would like to is, to search for this in Jira via a select or....?? to get a list

like..project = "JIRA" AND summary ~ SALES AND Type = Story and....transition from x to y AND Reporter = xy

thx

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2018

JQL returns only issues. You can not return users. That is why you would need to use a report from a plugin. Or you can get info by a rest call to GET /rest/api/2/issue/{issueIdOrKey} with the changelog parameter. Then you can write an applicaton on js to represent you the required data.

Johannes March 16, 2018

OK - do you have an idea how to track issues with transition from eg. in review to resolved

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2018

What do you mean to "track"?

Johannes March 19, 2018

I mean "search"

Suggest an answer