Tracking issue after sprint for deployment

Tim Vijgen November 21, 2013

Hi,

We have a sprint development cycle of ToDo, Developing, Testing and Done. When the issue is done it is marked as resolved and ready for deployment.

I would like to get some ideas on how people manage the deployment process in Jira Agile. At the moment I have the following situation:

- A sprint can contain issues that will be deployed in different releases.

- We have a process of Resolved(ToDo), Testing server, Production server(Done/Closed)

Regards,

Tim

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tim Vijgen November 28, 2013

Hi Benito,

This is correct.

I created a workflow ToDo -> Developing -> Testing -> Resolved -> Testing server -> Production server(Closed) but I have the following problem:

Sprint (ToDo -> Developing -> Testing -> Resolved)

Kanban (Resolved -> Testing server -> Production server(Closed))

The sprint and kanban share the same "Resolved" status. This is causing trouble if the issue is moved from "resolved" to "testing server" before the sprint is completed. The issue is then not included in the sprint result and story points are not included.

Is there an option of triggering a new status for "resolved" issues when an sprint is marked as completed?

Regards,

Tim

Torsten Mohrbach September 30, 2014

Hi Tim! The 'triggering' of course would only work, if deployment takes place AFTER the sprint completion. The question remains what to do, if a workflow with the need for timely deployments is in effect. Any suggestions on that anyone?

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2013

Hello Tim!

If I understood you correctly, you are using the scrum to create your backlog and plan your sprint, and then throw the sprint onto the kanban board to manage it's execution.
If I got it right, I'd say this is very good way to handle things, since you can use the quick (kinda non-stop) execution of kanban while doing the whole control of the bigger picture on scrum.

Cheers!

Benito Picarelli

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2013

Hello Tim!

If I understood you correctly, you are using the scrum to create your backlog and plan your sprint, and then throw the sprint onto the kanban board to manage it's execution.
If I got it right, I'd say this is very good way to handle things, since you can use the quick (kinda non-stop) execution of kanban while doing the whole control of the bigger picture on scrum.

Cheers!

Benito Picarelli

Suggest an answer