Track time per assignee

Andrii _PM_ November 13, 2022

Hello guys. Would appreciate your help with this case. 

We have a lot of sub-tasks for which 2-3 people log the time upon completing their part of the job. So in the end we have a cumulative time for the subtask logged by our team. 

Now we need to find a way how to break it down. Let's say that the whole time spent on the subtask was 8 hours and both QA and developers took part in this task completion. We need to know how much time each one of them spent separately on the task and perfectly have this info in the form of a chart.

And moreover, we need to know this information not just only for the specific task but for the issue type in general and have that information in percentage. 

As I know Jira tracks perfectly well the time team spends on the issue type or task in particular but there is no good native tool to demonstrate this information in the form of a chart. If you know the tool that can present this information, please share in your answer below. 

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ewa Grabowska-Ptak_SolDevelo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 16, 2022

Hello,

I would like to recommend you our ap Worklogs Time Tracking and Reports

With Worklogs, you can create reports based on Jira Time Tracking and view how much time each of the users logged to an issue. 

user report.png

Every report can be viewed as a table, pie chart or a bar chart. We also offer a dashboard gadget.

bar chart.png

The app generates report using Jira issue fields and time logs. So, there are lots of possibilities for custom reports. For example, you can check how much time did each user spent on high priority tasks or compare the time spent on specific sprints.  

Hope it helps! In case of any questions, please feel free to contact us or book a demo

4 votes
Karolina Wons_SaaSJet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2022

Hello @Andrii _PM_ 

I've read your comments under other recommendations and made some notices.

1. You want to track the time each team member has spent solving the issue.

2. Present these data on Charts.

3. Present data in %.

4. Low price.

Do I understand you properly?

If so, Time in Status for Jira Cloud add-on will perfectly fit your needs. It generates 7 types of status time reports, including the Assignee time one. 

The Assignee time report shows how long each team member has been working on a particular issue. You can display the data on the Chart view or export it to Excel. Just choose the assignee you need and get the necessary information!

Assignee Time.gif

This add-on is developed by my SaaSJet team. Please, let me know if you have any questions.

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 14, 2023

Another option you can try is the reporting templates that come with Better Excel Exporter Cloud. In this recent tutorial article, you can learn how to generate an Excel report that also includes time spent by individual assignees.

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
November 16, 2022

Hi @Andrii _PM_,

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

Another option might be our Jira cloud app Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards.

With our Quick Gadgets you can sum-up time spent (and any other Jira number field) per assignee, as you can see in the example below.

Our app is free for instances up to 10 users. More details about pricing you can find on our Marketplace page.

quick-filters-jira-dashboards_sum-up-time-spent.png

You can check out basic features of our app without installation, on our demo dashboards

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2022

Hi @Andrii _PM_ 

In general I would advise you to use an app - like tempo - to achieve that. However as a workaround, but not the best approach, would be to create a filter only with that task. The add on a dashboard a workload gadget and use time spent as a parameter.

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ Thank you. TEMPO is a good application but the price is too high for one useful dashboard. Besides, we also need to know how much time our employees or the group of employees spend on the issue type and have that information in percentage. 

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2022

@Andrii _PM_ yes unfortunately it is. Alternatives, free of charge, can be found here https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?category=Time%20tracking&hosting=cloud&moreFilters=free&product=jira&query=log%20time

Did you take a look already in the marketplace?

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ Yes, and I'm still looking for the right app there. The thing is that as I know Jira tracks perfectly well the time team spends on the issue type but there is no good native tool to demonstrate this information in the form of a chart. So, we are still looking for this tool. 

Like Michelle A Johnson likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events