Track time and get reports WITHOUT any plugins

Ashish February 24, 2021

We recently started using Mavenlink to log time for our tasks and get reports out of it. But we also use Jira extensively for release tasks. We don't want to use two tools and would rather like to do the following in Jira:

1) log time for each task, where we also add a brief description about what was done during the entered time

2) get reports for the individuals and the team as a whole

We're familiar with the "Time Tracking" field available in each Jira, but not sure if that'll help us get the reports as well. 

Please let us know if it's possible to track time and get reports (for individuals and the entire team) in Jira WITHOUT using any plugins. Thank you! :) 

3 answers

0 votes
Amit Kumar Singh December 2, 2022

I am also looking for same solutions, can anyone help me on this, where i can extract to show the details WITHOUT using any plugins?

Also will be thank full if i get help about using Rest API to get these details, one of my team member pulling data through API but not able to get the "time in status" details.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2021

Have a look at the built-in reports (in the project overviews) and then all the dashboard gadgets available.

Jira does not really do timesheets, its work logs are aimed at issue tracking, not person tracking, but there are a lot of useful built in reports and gadgets that tell you a lot about the work being done and logged.

Ashish February 24, 2021

Thank you @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-! I'll check this all out and post here if need more help.

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2021

Hello @Ashish ,

If you write JQL , Export issue with all fields in .csv export.

image.png

You can able to browse different log works for one issue in adjacent columns like as above.

Worklogtime: Username; Worklogtime (Seconds)

if you able to differentiate and populate reports, a bit helpful.

Thanks,

Anvesh

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2021

Hi @Ashish ,

Sorry for the wrong one. I posted from Jira Server.

In cloud the user names are encrypted. I think it's not possible to track username as above message.

You can check with REST API. these may be helpful.

Thanks,

Anvesh

Ashish February 24, 2021

Thank you @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH! - but these solutions sound quite technical - we don't know how to do this all :D

Isn't there an easier way to get reports, through the UI. Also where the reports are in visual formats if possible... 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events