Total of story points and remaining story points in Backlog view

Arjen Verweij October 2, 2017

When planning a sprint I want to plan with the remaining story points of all stories that are combined into a sprint that is about to start.

When finishing a sprint I want to see the story points initially estimated to get an idea of the work that was completed.

Is this possible? Currently in the backlog view, remaining story points is displayed per story. This is also true for "story points", but only a total of "story points" is calculated.

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2017

@Arjen Verweij, it would seem that what you want is certainly possible. When planning/forming the sprint the story points are visible. Once you start the sprint and at the end you can monitor via the Sprint Burndown report.

Arjen Verweij October 5, 2017

When I have the backlog view in my setup of JIRA, I certainly don't have a total of remaining story points of the stories that are about to be put in a sprint. Only total of the initial story points.

This issue is about work carrying over from a previous sprint, so we can still do planning based on velocity.

Dennis Sawin September 20, 2018

Have you found a solution to decreasing the story points of tickets carrying over from previous sprints, i.e. enter "remaining story points" while planning the sprint to ensure proper velocity tracking?

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer